Saturday, October 3, 2009

Movies You NEED To See: The Shining (1980)

I found out recently that people weren't annoyed enough with my reviews on movies that were about to hit theaters so I decided to step it up and annoy the internet community with movie reviews on film that have been out for some time now! So enjoy.

THE SHINING (1980)


I think the first time I saw the shining I was at a buddies house when i was about 14 years old; and I think that's why it took me so long to see it again becuase from what I remember it scared the hell out of me. The story was a book written by the master of creepy books Stephen King. After reading the book, film legend Stanley Kubrick decided to adapt it into a screenplay and the rest is history.

If you do not know what The Shining is about allow me to enlighten you...


...with the synopsis take off
IMDB.com: A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.

Yes and if you think twins and elevators full of blood are scary this just might be your movie.

Jack Nicholson plays such an iconic character in this movie. I don't know why, but he is just so good at playing a psycho. This role also earned him the honor of spitting out one of the most famous lines in film to this day: "Heeeeeeere's Johnny!"

I guess this was a good movie to talk about since Halloween is coming up and I'll probably end up doing a lot of scary movies this month.

Random Triva:This was voted the ninth scariest film of all time by Entertainment Weekly.


Trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-shining/trailer

No comments: