Saturday, October 3, 2009

Movie Review: (500) Days of Summer

Movie Review: (500) Days of Summer

Intro: Zooey Deschanel is looking better then ever... what a bi***.

Synopsis: An offbeat romantic comedy about a woman (Deschanel) who doesn't believe true love exists, and the young man (..Gordon-Levitt) who falls for her.

Review: My friend Moses Joshua "Ghetto Fly" Robinson had the privilage of seeing this film during the Sundance Film Festival and has had nothing but good things to say about it ever since. Hearing all this hype got me excited. After some trailers got released I got even more excited, and after seeing it I do have a few thoughts...

Number one, this movie was directed my music video director Marc Webb. I have seen his music videos, but didn't know what to expect from him in film. Now that I saw the film I can't see anyone doing it better then he did. This movie really did it for me.

Amazing acting not only by the two leads, but also my all of the supporting cast. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has not really proven to me what he is capable of until I saw this movie. He was funny and did very well with the more dramatic scenes. Zooey Deschaned played almost this emotionless pit of a women, and I know that doesn't seem hard, but somehow she convinced me that there was more to her character then the movie leads you on to believe.

The cinematography and visual effects were stunning and creative on a level I haven't seen in a romatic comedy, but having said that, this is not your average rom-com. The story was fantasticly written, a little comfusing because it jumps back and forth but it all falls together in the end. I can honestly conclude that this could be one of the best films that I have seen all year.

Conclusion: Go see it now.

Rating: A

No comments: